To be honest there were a tons of bad films this year. So it’s really hard to pick the top 5 worst films. The qualification of this list is very long. They must have a terrible story line with a terrible screenplay and dialogues. The Performances from the leads have to be very bad. And finally it’s direction and other technical aspects have to be hideous. Films that have managed all of the above qualifications has been listed in this list of shame.
Here’s my top 5 worst films :
5. At number 5 it’s Indra Kumar‘s Grand Masti. A film that failed in every way. This adult comedy was a mash up of numerous Hollywood films. The story….., well the script writer actually forget about the story because he became very busy to create sexual situation which continues throughout the film. This film may have earned a lot of money but it didn’t won the hearts of the peoples.
4. At number four it’s Sangeeth Shivan’s Yamla Pagla Dewaana 2. A sequel of the light hearted comedy movie Yamla Pagla Dewaana. The first film was good but the sequel was frankly a torture. An excruciating cinema. The Deol’s didn’t shine in their roles. The script itself was a disaster and the other bad thing complimented the disastrous script.
3. At number three it’s Sajid Khan‘s Himmatwala. A remake of the 1983’s Himmatwala. The biggest problem of this film was that it tried to do so much at once. Writer-Director Sajid Khan wasn’t sure about what he actually wanna make. He wasn’t sure if he wanted a comical celebration of the 80’s or a serious remake of the original. Because of this confusion he ended up with a film that wasn’t funny nor thrilling. What it managed was to torture you by the cruelest way possible.
2. At number two it’s Apoorva Lakhia‘s Zanjeer. An official remake of the 1973’s Hindi film with the same name. The worst part of this film is undoubtedly the acting. Ram Charan did one of the worst job as the hero this year. Priyanka Chopra acts childishly , Sanjay Dutt sleepwalks through the film but it was Prakash Raj who did the most ridiculous job. The script itself was really bad.
1. But the worst film of the year is Abhinav Singh Kashyap’s Besharam, which is a pity because this film was filled with talents. Ranbir Kapoor , Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Singh gave great performances but it’s the script that made everything look worse. So it’s Besharam who won the list of shame.
- Rajeev Masand’s top 5 hits and pits of Bollywood in 2013 (ibnlive.in.com)
- Watch Ajay Devgn & Tamanna in Himmatwala first trailer Posters (onerawan.wordpress.com)
- Top 25 Highest Opening Day Grossers of 2013 (bollywoodbreakingnews.wordpress.com)
- In search of harmony (thehindu.com)